Well, this weekend was the annual Halloween Party, and while Basketbawful and his pals decided jointly on a cowboy theme, I, of course, had to maintain my abnormal obsession with Larry Bird (and I'm too cheap to get all authentic with the cowboy gear).

However, I wasn't just repeating the same costume as last year. No, sir. This year, I put a different slant on it that I think made the getup far more clever than just a Larry Legend rehash. See if you can guess what I am.

Hint: I might be confused with an iPhone app.

angry_bird_intro_web_callouts


Yup, that's right. Much like the Superfriends have their Bizarro counterparts, much like I have my own arrogant, hyper-competitive alter-ego, Evil Ted, so does Larry Bird have his own dark doppelganger...

angry_bird_rev_web


I think Angry Bird is going catch on, much like his feathery iPhone counterparts - I mean, come on...glowing locks, green blood, fireball basketballs? This is a comic book hero waiting to happen.

angry_bird_1110_final_attempt2


With the lockout doing such a number on our little corner of the world - I call on you, Bawful readers, to submit your most awesome Halloween costume pictures (basketball related or not) to me at ted.evil@gmail.com, and assuming the picture isn't obscene, we'll post it in an amusing collage of pics with other Bawful folks.

Oh, and I appear to be on Twitter now. It's a great way to communicate with people in a frequent, brief, lazy manner. This could be a perfect medium, given that I think many Bawful readers collectively feel they've had enough of me after 140 characters anyway.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:
Blogger Britches Barnaby said...
everyone should know you can't just "stop being larry bird"

Blogger Evil Ted said...
adyb - I know, right? Thank you.

Blogger Dan B. said...
I would read the hell out of that comic book, and I'm not even a comic book guy. You're going to write this now, right?

Blogger Evil Ted said...
I'm not the best illustrator. Not sure how to pull that one off...hmmm...any illustrators out there want to draft up Angry Bird in action?

Blogger Wormboy said...
Wait, what is the guy next to you dressed as?

Blogger Evil Ted said...
What, he doesn't LOOK like a cowboy to you?

Blogger Dan B. said...
Bawful should have gone with the Val Kilmer in Tombstone look. http://www.doblu.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/tombstone2232.jpg

Anonymous AK Dave said...
I was thinking that 'Bawful was going for the "Elegant Suit" look from "Red Dead Redemption".

I have to hand it to you guys- you take Halloween to the next level. Impressive.

Blogger AnacondaHL said...
I think it's Daniel Craig's character in Cowboys and Aliens.

Blogger chris said...
Dan B.: Obviously, a look that is appropriate for...

MOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Why are you so lame, Evil Ted?

It's not about your writing; you're good, you're funny and I like it.

It's just you. You freak out when people criticize you (ON THE FUCKING INTERNET), you talk about yourself the way that we did when we were 8, and you don't seem to have anyone around to tell you what a goddamned loser you can be.