September 22 UPDATE!!!

Looks like Blake Griffin has done a whole slew of short films for funnyordie.com. So, at some point in the future, are we going to be like, "Hey I just saw Blake Griffin on TV. You know, that comedian who used to play basketball?" Enjoy this take off of the Lil Penny Hardaway commercials. It appears to be the best of the bunch.

EXHIBIT A:


So how long before a hilarious basketball player stops being hilarious? Oh, THIS long:

EXHIBIT B:


Ok, this next one is the one that gets me concerned. This is just a man with nothing better to do. I mean, I know they have camera tricks to make this not really take take up 45 minutes of real time, but honestly, at what point does Blake say "Uhm, yeah, I think we might be saturating the public with my face. Let's give it a rest. People are going to realize I really don't have one single thing to do with my time, and they're going to think I'm a little sad."

If there is a compelling argument to the NBA owners / management why the lockout needs to end at all costs, I present Exhibit C. Blake Griffin needs an outlet, David Stern! And saturation-bombing comedy bits ain't it! End this madness!!! If you manage to make the very-likable Blake Griffin not funny, I will never forgive you for it.

EXHIBIT C:


******************************************************
ORIGINAL POST:
******************************************************

And you thought D-West applying to Home Depot was something...

As much as I would love to have Blake Griffin at my disposal to work on comedy bits - because he clearly has a sense of humor - only the folks at funnyordie.com actually have the power to get him to do stuff, like his current, and apparently crappy, internship at their offices:



And if you haven't yet seen this sensational Blake Griffin bit from the (short-lived? Is it still on?) Norm McDonald sports show, you're in for a juicy, delicious treat:

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:
Blogger Dan B. said...
I'm pretty sure Norm McDonald's Sports Show has been canceled. Unfortunately.

Blogger Wes Janson said...
Hearing Blake Griffin say "Fuck you Will Ferrell." makes me want to start rooting for the Clippers.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
This interview is pretty good with Blake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8_OjY4SKXE

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Dan B - I'm going to have to disagree with you there. He was awful. He had all the passion of a eunuch accountant, and he was about as funny as Evil Ted. :)

Blogger Dan B. said...
BadDave - Zing!

Blogger kazam92 said...
That was awesome. I wish I could make an NBA player clean my toilets.

Blogger kazam92 said...
Should have posted this on Wednesday instead of today. Blake just released his short film.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/01ccbf5853/flight-of-the-griffin?playlist=featured_videos

And words cannot describe it.

Blogger Czernobog said...
I thought the flight of the griffin was hilarious.

Anonymous Barry said...
"Still got my defense!"

Blogger TeamD said...
Traveling at min 4:40 LOL

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Didn't even crack a smile until the pratfalls on the sports show. When's the lockout end?

Anonymous Mark said...
All the NBA players and owners should have a long hard look at themselves ask the question... "How did we let it get to this?"

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bulls-talk/2011/09/brian-scalabrine-signs-with-benetton-treviso/

Let's never forget the awesomeness!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcKSfkZJrKM&feature=player_embedded

Blogger Fishy said...
Life just isn't the same without Bawful taking his limited free time to entertain me... 8) I joke obviously, hope everyone is doing well!

Anonymous AdriĆ  said...
Are you fucking kidding with that 45 min crap? I never spent this time shitting like this, not even in the sickest and most disguting day I had diarrea or something alike.

I guess these Funny or Die guys make the right choice the next time, asshole bastard sons of a shit.

Blogger Dan B. said...
Malcolm Gladwell has a great piece up on Grantland right now about the Brooklyn Nets being a bullshit smokescreen example of NBA owners' supposed poverty. Worth a read, even if you'll just feel depressed afterwards.

Blogger kazam92 said...
End the lockout. For I am a Miami LOLphin fan. Can't take this shit anymore. If there was still footbawful, they'd be the entire banner.

Blogger Wormboy said...
@Dan: thanks for the link to the Gladwell article. I greedily gobble up everything the man writes. "Outliers" is one of the best books I've read in years (and also one of the simplest.)

Anonymous kazam92 said...
http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/32310402

A charity game, but with talent laden rosters. And at my university.

Blogger Evil Ted said...
Adria - Greatest. Comment. Ever.

A close second? This gem written soon after the end of Traveling:

"God, what a spoiled baby. Evil ted, just snap already. Your book ain't going to sell, you're going to wind up stroking out at 46, and your kids (if you've had any) fucking hate you. Anyone who works on the internet and responds as egotistically and aggressively to a mild comment like Rip's ought to get some valium, wash'em down with a nice jack and coke, and go for a long drive.
Anonymous on Lockout Positive #234: More down time for TD at 5:35 AM"

Blogger The Sports Hayes said...
I hope the lockout ends because this is the one media outlet worth catching after every game night.

I could care less about ESPN's top 10 dunks, I care more about who gets the Voshkul and the Mario.

Blogger Dan B. said...
IMPORTANT DELONTE WEST UPDATE. Go read it now, damnit.