Wild Yams was the first person to send in this picture of Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom holding hands and sharing a tender glance.

KL1

Then Basketbawful reader Jai took this slightly tepid bromance to epic levels of man loveness with some inspired Photoshoppery. Said Jai: "I mean, look at how lovingly Kobe is staring into Lamar's eyes...while holding hands...they look like they should be skipping around in a meadow together, or on a sandy beach or something, ala..."

KL2
Insert Little House on the Prarie theme here.

KL3
Insert Fantasy Island theme here.

Magnificent! Truly a pièce de résistance (which, as Dave Barry once pointed out, is French for "piece of resistance")! I believe that, one day, these images shall be placed alongside other classic works of art, such as Michelangelo's David, the cover of Iron Eagle IV, and whatever else you want to name...

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
"Remember me and you, and you and me, no matter how they tossed the dice, it had to be...."

Blogger Wild Yams said...
As a longtime fan of slightly tepid bromances, let me say that this one is right up there.

Blogger stephanie g said...
The man love has been strong lately.

In our next Kobe/Odom slash episode Kobe will learn to fully trust Odom...if you know what I'm saying. And I know you do.

Blogger Z said...
made me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFaLLHJ8yGA#t=0m55s

Anonymous Anonymous said...
So does this mean Vanessa gets another ring?

Blogger Unknown said...
Hysterical. Nice to know there's other Laker's fan with a sense of humor. Where's a background with cuddly ewoks in it?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
this is awesome. i always knew kobme had it in him

Anonymous Anonymous said...
So cool that you made an entry out of that :)...

@william... I'm not a Lakers fan. Embarrassingly enough, I am a Knicks fan... though far less embarrassingly this year I will gladly admit. Plus, I would love to be dunked on by Patrick Chewing...

And maybe tomorrow I'll get you one with cuddly ewoks for your screen saver :)...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
http://www.nbamate.com/2009/03/17/its-official-hes-the-platypus/#comments

Best. Nickname. Ever.

Blogger Juan Louis said...
genius

Blogger Miggy said...
It would be awesome to see a kobe and the son of walton bromance, though that would entail the son of walton actually playing.

Blogger Bradpetehoops said...
Funny man.