It's official. D-West isn't good enough for Home Depot, but apparently he managed to find employment at a furniture store, despite having a job application that appears only slightly less absurd than the one I made up for him a month ago.

delonte_west_real_cv


Misunderstanding, huh? You silver-tongued devil. No wonder you got the job. Congratulations. Hey, Tweet a picture of yourself on your first day.

delonte_west_firstday


Uhm, actually, tell you what...keep the pics and Tweets to yourself, mkay?

This brings us to our first post-lockout audience participation exercise.

Assignment #1: Give me your best caption for D-West's first-day-at-Regency-Furniture picture.

I'll get us started: "Tonight on COPS..."

Assignment #2: Help me find out what Regency Furniture store D-West works at, and if I'm ever in that area, I'll be sure to put together a kick-ass video of an Evil Ted D-West meet-and-greet.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I don't get it. Is this a joke? Did I miss something? Does he really need the money? The hell is going on here?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
"Yes Mis' James, we deliver. Want me to pick up some fried chicken and bring that big ol' bed round after quittin' time?"
(Oh Delonte, we love you.)

Anonymous kono said...
In other news, Chris Bosh and Melo are on Law & Order SVU. I haven't seen the episode, but if Bosh doesn't play the pedophile then that will be a huge missed opportunity

Blogger Dan B. said...
Anon -- He apparently really is working at a furniture store. He tweeted that job application photo. It's not just a photoshop like ET did for the Home Depot application.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Dan B. -- Right, but why? He can't possibly be that broke, can he?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I am still waiting for a post on Crazy Pills' recent name change and flameout on DWTS. I woulda thought you guys would be all over that...

Blogger Dan B. said...
Anon -- Even with Crazy Pills on DWTS, I still couldn't bring myself to give a damn about that show or even consider watching it. Sorry.

Blogger The Weekly Gazelle said...
Forget DWTS, I'm still waiting on your take on the Glen Rice thing. It's a shame he's not in the NBA, but if that can still somehow become a running joke, life would be so sweet.

Blogger kazam92 said...
Not Delonte related sadly, but thoughts on this?

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/32400179

Anonymous JJ said...
Caption: "When my agent said I'll get the opportunity to drive more in the new team, this was not what I had in mind..."

Anonymous Flud said...
The Van from Delonte says yes!

Anonymous AdriĆ  said...
JJ that was hilarious :D

I don't really know much details about the negotiation and the lockout to have an accurate opinion about the D-Wade thing, kazam.
Could you throw your thought to give me more clues?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
for someone who's Bipolar,
he probably feels a few months of simple work will keep him occupied and balanced mentally.

Blogger The Sports Hayes said...
That Yankees hat makes baby jesus cry

Anonymous Anonymous said...
The "misunderstanding" explanation is the funniest thing I've seen in quite a while. It's even funnier when you remember what his "misunderstanding" was.