JJ Reddick wishes he could do real magic and just disappear

Sorry for my lack of a weekend BAD post and getting this one posted late. I've had to work a little overtime at my Clark Kent job, plus I had a very busy weekend so I couldn't get anything done Saturday or Sunday. And when it came down to writing a blog post or going on a date Friday night... sorry, guys. No hard feelings? Group hug??

This is pretty much the definition of basketbawful: a DeSagana Diop free throw attempt gone horribly wrong. Somewhere, Ben Swanson sheds a single tear. (h/t Basketbawful reader grizzly)

Also, as noted by our friends at Hardwood Paroxysm, this is mandatory reading.

Worst of the Weekend in Pictures:


Lil' Wayne has quite possibly the worst fashion sense of anybody on the face of the Earth


I think we just found the logo for the Free Steve Nash campaign


Well, that's an interesting way to play defense


Haters gonna hate


"I have no idea what I'm doing"


Jeremy Piven doesn't seem to be too enthused about watching the Bucks play


The Magic players are tuning SVG out so badly, they won't even give him a high five! C'mon! Don't leave the man hanging!


That's the same exact expression I make most of the time I watch the Celtics this season


"What have I done?????"


This picture is like getting kicked in the stomach

Nationally Televised Games:

Bulls at Wizards Generals, NBA TV, 7:00pm: You know, if the Generals played the Bobcraps every game, their record would be pretty good.

Thunder at Clippers, NBA TV, 10:30pm: Here's something surprising I read when examining this game. "The home team won each of the four games in last season's series, with the Thunder shooting 20.0 percent (8 for 40) from 3-point range and 39.5 percent overall in two defeats at Staples Center." And that's against last year's sad sack Clippers! Not this year's Super Clippers.

All The Other Games:

Magic at 76ers, 7:00pm: Over the last seven games, the Magic are averaging an abysmal 81.1 points per game. When did they secretly trade their entire roster for a mix of Pistons and Bobcraps players??

Hornets at Heat, 7:30pm: The Hornets are dead last in fast-break points against per game. The Heat exist solely to demoralize you with fast-break scoring. I don't need Mr. T here to tell you the prediction for tonight is pain. But you know what? I'm gonna give you Mr. T anyway, because that's what I do.

I pity the fool who plays for the Hornets this year

Timberwolves at Rockets, 8:00pm: The Rockets have been winning even without Kevin Martin the past couple of games. So basketball is just like real life I guess. K-mart is kinda unnecessary these days.

Pistons at Bucks, 8:00pm: The Pissed-Ons are starting a three-games-in-three-nights road trip. I'm sure this will go well. (And then they play Milwaukee again Friday night, just for the record.)

Spurs at Grizzlies, 8:00pm: Well. I guess the Spurs' starters will be well rested after last night's game...

Mavericks at Suns, 9:00pm: Jason Kidd is out for tonight's game (and possibly a week or so) with a calf injury. Why oh why can we not get a healthy point guard to play against the Suns anymore to make things fun??

Trail Blazers at Jazz, 9:00pm: Portland hasn't been a terribly good road team this season, but this is still a very intriguing game, especially since the Blazers did win both of their games at Utah last season.

Labels:

11 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Don't worry, the Magic are just tuning up for the absolute symphony of bawful that will be next season. Once Dwight leaves and they fire SVG because of Otis Smith's horrible GMing, they will be averaging about 60 points a game or so.

Anonymous Reid said...
"Well, that's an interesting way to play defense"

Kyle Korver approves.

Anonymous AK Dave said...
Magic are down by 16 with about 6min to go in the 4th against PHI.

Methinks this team is tired of Stan van Jeremy and wants a change. I can't find any other explanation. They have enough talent to win these games, they just aren't playing hard. I think Dwight and some of the other players are honestly sick and tired of SVG's yelling and craziness. Not that he's a bad coach- quite the opposite- but some relationships just have an expiration date.

I think SVG is going to get the boot, and we can expect one of the biggest dead-coach-bounces of all time when that happens.

Blogger Dan B. said...
AK Dave -- I get the distinct feeling you are spot on with that prediction.

Blogger kazam92 said...
And it is a shame because I do think Stan is a great coach. But it might be a Scott Skiles thing with him.


Sidebar: I still laugh at any and all Van Gundy/Jeremy references.

Anonymous The Other Chris said...
Timothy Mozgov move over, Kendrick Perkins just took your place getting fucking POSTERIZED by Blake Griffin.

Sick, sick, sick.

Blogger Javi said...
RIP Kendrick Perkins.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/407744_371663936182871_157122854303648_1683035_1547059134_n.jpg

Blogger stephanie g said...
Orlando is sandbagging it because Dwight publicly asked to be traded and called his team out and they're mentally weak. I'm giddy at the potential bawfulness when he's gone. Who will be their best player? Jameer? Turkey glue?

Anonymous JJ said...
Thunder getting blown out by Super Clippers (sorry, no hard feelings KD)! Awesome! I love the Clippers bandwagon.

Stephanie - "Turkey glue"? Haha, that's a good one.

Blogger Wormboy said...
@AK Dave: an astute observation, my friend.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
man, great pics..
haters gon hate