20110411-detroit-pistons-owner-tom-goresAn overwhelming feeling of regret strikes Pistons owner Tom Gores when he realizes "Wait, I bought this team?"

Only three games tonight as we get ready for the regular season's last hurrah tomorrow. To help fill the time, you may want to check out this website if you're in the mood to be brainfucked: Chicks With Steve Buscemi Eyes.

Worst of the Night in Pictures:

20110411-lebron-jamesCaption This!
(Oh, I have a feeling this will get some interesting responses...)


20110411-keith-smart1) "Just throw your hands in the air, and wave 'em like you just don't care"
2) Keith Smart is secretly a Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man



Nationally Televised Games:
Bulls at Knicks, TNT, 8pm: The Bulls need to win this one to avoid a season sweep by the Knicks, and Tom Thibodeau insists he will not rest his starters. Gotta admit, this is a lot more interesting of a game than I first anticipated.

Spurs at Lakers, TNT, 10:30pm: Looking at these teams just a couple weeks ago compared to now... did we enter some crazy alternate universe where these teams switched places? Should I be concerned about other things in this crazy new reality? Human sacrifice? Dogs and cats living together? Mass hysteria?

All The Other Games:
Grizzlies at Frail Blazers, 10pm: This game is important for seeding. Can't really say I anticipated that just a few months ago. Gotta love the NBA. Also, speaking of the Frail Blazers, here's an interesting piece from Basketball Prospectus on which teams have been most affected by injury.

Labels:

18 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
Sweet Ghostbusters reference in the Spurs-Lakers preview.

Anonymous kazam92 said...
I'll forego any penis jokes with the caption.



"Z, I'm this close to deporting you"

Blogger Evan Sather said...
Is it weird that every time I see a Bawful After Dark post, the song, "Footsteps in the Dark" by the Isley Brothers plays in my head the whole time I'm reading the post?

Blogger Dan B. said...
Evan -- If by "weird" you mean "TOTALLY AWESOME," then yes.

Blogger chris said...
AND...

the Maloofs are not only not sure they can get enough votes to call up the Mayflower vans...

They are potentially in $75 million in debt to the Association IN ADDITION to $77 million to Sacramento.

As one Purple Paupers fan joked on Royalty in that thread...

"here we strand."

this could be good folks

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Dear Dan B.

You are a mother fucker. Because I checked this site right before going to bed, and clicked the Chicks with Steve Buscemi Eyes.

I cannot sleep. I want to vomit. I cry for the zombie apocalpyse. I'm getting on board the Event Horizon and I'll see you in hell.


- Bad Dave

p.s. Thanks for you know, writing and stuff.

Anonymous Bing said...
....AND.... Bynum hurts is knee. Is there a more spot-on sign that the Playoffs are about to start?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I recently watched an American Dad episode, fitting for the caption...

"Francine, look how close they are." "Damn, are they close."


And of course:

"Why I play with my Super friends? 'Cos I'm soooo small..."

Anonymous Stockton said...
#lEBRON
We're expecting this much contribution from Bosh in the playoffs....

Anonymous Reignman said...
I fully expected my Spurs to lose, especially after learning that Duncan, Parker, Manu and even good ol' Dice were out. I expected them to lose in a bawfully embarrasing way, by 50 or more points.
But I'm quite surprised by the fact that not only did our scrubs put up a fight, they actually had the lead at one point. Granted, Bynum left the game with what could be a serious injury but these are the defending champs we're talking about. And the worst part is, they were trying really hard to beat San Antonio's practice squad. My God, Kobe even had the scowl on.

Anonymous Barry said...
Near the end of the season, so it's only fitting that I congratulate everyone on a Bawful season for the ages.

Blogger Dan B. said...
Those those thanking us for writing this blog, 1) You're very welcome, and 2) Thank YOU for reading. I can't speak for any of the other contributors, but I know that I personally enjoy writing, but I get an even greater pleasure out of just making a few people smile every day.
 
BadDave -- I warned you. But yeah, there's still no way to prepare yourself for how horrifying those pictures are. (That being said, when's Boardwalk Empire coming back? Buscemi's fantastic in that show.)
 
Bing -- It's like the first leaves budding on the trees.

Anonymous Flud said...
The Grizz are resting for the playoffs. ha ha ha haaaa.... Is 'Bron a Kids in the hall fan maybe?

Blogger BradyJ said...
Hey LeBron, how much of Joe Johnson's 120 million does he deserve?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Wow, this is well rounded booger...

Anonymous Drew said...
My mom said D-West was hung like a...


By the way, I love this blog. Stumbled upon it by accident about a year ago. Great read. Drew, UK

Blogger TeamD said...
I miss word of the day...any change you bring it back? And add new words?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I like how the Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man salesman is apparently named Al Harrington.