Mike on the proper defensive stance: "What I'm always taught, I was always taught, is to try to be shoulder width apart. I like to put my right foot forward so that I can either direct the defensive player uh offensive player where he wants to go. And I can react a little bit better if I'm not too wide, if I'm just shoulder width apart, I think I can react a little bit easier. If I'm on the ball [sic] of my feet, then I'm active, I can move a lot quicker. If I'm on the heels of my foot [sic], then that means I have to get to the ball [sic] of my feet and then react to the offensive player. Sounds complicated, which is probably why most people [chuckle] don't want to play defense."

Basketbawful recap: Put your right foot forward, keep your feet shoulder width apart, and stay on the balls of your feet. Is that too compicated for people to follow? Only if Michael Jordan's teaching it.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Is it wrong that this whole thing reminds me of Larry Craig's "wide stance" excuse?

Blogger Amaysing1 said...
MJ will always be timeless to every team he touches....

...well, except the Wizards and Bobcats

Blogger Unknown said...
MJ will always be timeless to every team he touches....

...well, except the Wizards and Bobcats


And the White Sox.

Blogger Tonewise said...
that was only slightly painful to watch...

Blogger ChrisH said...
the grand finale was the best. oh, and that looks like the ffc gym on clark near oak.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I think you should keep track of marion's FG% LOL it should go down to the mid 40s from last game forward

Blogger Unknown said...
Finally watched the video (proxied at work)...

Thoughts? Mikes dirty hokey pokey. Where he talks about what to do with his left hand, it reminds me of the part in Old School when Andy Dick is reminding the chicks not to forget about the balls when giving fellatio.

Blogger Alex(andra) Cavnar said...
sexxxxxxy

Anonymous Anonymous said...
does his "trying" to teach defense video explain why Jeff sucks at Illinois? geez, i hope he never coaches a good team

Blogger starang said...
Does he have a turd in his mouth? Why is he talking like that?

Seriously, think how good he COULD have been, had someone sat him down and told him how easy defense strategy is...I can see him going through this train of thought every trip down the floor.

Its like 10% strategy, and 90% heart MJ.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
how can you be flicking at the ball and mirroring the ball at the same time. there's only one ball!