Hello Basketbawful readers!

Sorry I've been a complete lazy-ass about these fantasy updates. And by 'these' I mean none at all. Things in personal life had been a-changin' and all that. The season was long, and pretty much active throughout, so I daresay it's been one of the best online leagues I've been in.

Just as a reminder, here were the original draft results, including our 11-cat scoring system with PFs and TECHs. Again, the season was awesome and it came down the the wire; down to the final categories on the final week. Let's get to the results.

bawful fantasy final standings
Click image for big.


As predicted, Scrappy Coco and his mega team just dominated us in the regular season, Mavericks-style. What didn't go as planned was chris's team going from a predicted 2nd best to 2nd worst. All and all, the transactions throughout made the difference.

***WARNING: This is the section where I blabber on about my team***
At some point in the season, I had 5 simultaneous injured (and essentially non-droppable) players, and even picked up my team's namesake as predetermined by destiny, Hedo. In early December I was running a roster of Hedo, Fat Baron (before he realized Blake could save his career), Darko, Blatche, Bargs, Mayo (pre-stupid), and Salmons. Exchange a dropped Mayo for a non-rebounding Brook Lopez, a Sloan-killing Deron Williams, and Brandon Roy's tendons, my current team heading into the playoffs is a true Basketbawful masterpiece. Also as you can see, I was the ties master, with 7 of them in TECHs.
***END OF SELF FELATE SECTION***

Speaking of TECHs, that was by far the greatest addition made to this league. It really made the difference some weeks, and it was hilarious to see them happen. Of course the crazy trades shook things up too, and my plan to maximize quality games through the playoffs came to a crash.

bawful fantasy final stats
Clickity for biggity.


Last note, it seemed like there were a ton more injuries this year than any other year. Pretty much every top team is dealing with some current injury issue, and the total GP of the top players has to be lower than recent years.

With that, to the playoffs we go. I invite any of our participants to share their thoughts, experiences, smack-talk, or maybe conjure ideas for a league prize. I offer my Suns Marion jersey to the winner, probably with large portions of my feces smeared on it. And hey, how did the Bawful rejects league turn out? I might just run two of these next year (with better draft planning and invites).


-AnacondaHL

Labels: ,

14 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I thought it is only in the Leastern Conference a team can get into the playoffs with a below .500 record.

Blogger stephanie g said...
RE: The idea that no one saw Denver not nosediving after trading Melo and Billups:

http://dberri.wordpress.com/2011/03/10/how-good-are-the-nuggets-without-carmelo/

Blogger Dan B. said...
It's amazing how bawful my Zombie Kentucky Colonels were.

DeMarcus Cousins led the league in PFs, Dwight Howard was 8th
My roster included:
3 of the 9 most technical fouls (My record in the personal foul total category: 5-15-0, and technical fouls I had a record of 4-9-7, by far the worst in the league)
4 of the 13 worst Turnover totals (I went 4-16-0 on turnovers, worst in the league)
6-14-0 on FT%, again worst in the league. Thanks a bunch, Cousins and Howard. I shoulda signed Shaq while I was at it.

Blogger chris said...
Going from predicted 2nd best to 2nd worst? That's called "a total lack of effort on my part." Bwah.

Now can I have lottery picks? :D

Blogger AnacondaHL said...
chris: I'll let you sign 17th season Juwan Howard for vet min. ;)

Blogger Evan Sather said...
AnacondaHL, it was fun being tied in techs with you. Have fun in the championship round while I'm in the pity consolation one!

Blogger Unknown said...
What the...
http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-College-Basketball-Fan

It's too early for April Fools'. There's no way I'm following 32,000 college teams, half of them named "Wildcats" and from places I've never heard of, in spastic unrefined play while Dick Vitale broadcasts with terminal laryngitis.

Anonymous Angry Canuck said...
Tyler Hansbrough, the next great power forward...discuss. (I'm not entirely sure that I'd kidding...scary)

Anonymous Shrugz said...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjOOkGd4KSzEnAhEaZhbGjS8vLYF?slug=aw-sternnba031511

"execute order 66"

Anonymous Free Mario! said...
A few notes on the season:
1. I was surprised how close to .500 I was despite winning only 8 match-ups h2h and having 3 ties. I had a few blowout wins and a lot of close losses.
2. I hereby vow never to draft Brandon Jennings again (at least until he stops shooting so horribly). At one point in the season I had 4 Bucks on my roster. I have no words for this.
3. Even this league didn't work out, in another I successfully rallied from 6.5 games out by beating the 6th place team 8-1 to make the playoffs. In doing so I set season highs in 3's (by 15), points (by 50), and steals (by 7). I also had my 2nd highest FG% and rebounds.

Blogger Dan B. said...
At one point in the season I had 4 Bucks on my roster. I have no words for this.

And yet I finished lower than you. I feel turrible. Then again, at one point I had Corey Maggette, John Salmons, JR Smith, Hedo while he was in Phoenix, Boris Diaw, and Darko before his offensive outburst. (Yeah, I couldn't make it to the draft, and I got fuuuuuuuuuuuucked as a result.)

Blogger TeamD said...
Watching the draft Chris got with his first picks the delusions of the season, kidd, paul, collison, the other gasol, anthony randlph LOL

and he was predicted to get the 2nd seed :D

its trully bawful, congrats Chris!

Anonymous Business Time said...
@Shrugz, I envision something like this:

Tom Cruise: "Did you order the Code Red?"
Stern: "I did the job I..."
Tom Cruise: "Did you order the Code Red?"
Stern: "YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I DID!"

Anonymous Scrappy Coco said...
i hope my team won't implode like the 2007 Dallas Mavericks..