With all the press that Stephon Marbury's new head tattoo is getting, I thought it was a good time to remind the world about the mad ink that Greg Ostertag used to (and, presumably, still does) sport:

Tag Tat

According to Greg's NBA.com bio, the tat represents "Fred Flintstone dunking." Which would be a pretty good description if the person responsible for it had just arrived on planet Earth the previous day and had no idea what a "dunk" was.

Note: Unfortunately, I can't remember who sent this to me. If you remind me, I will give you all due credit. Also, I believe somebody compared Greg's "dunking" caveman to Luke Walton's gay stick figures. Which, for your information, represents him and his brothers playing basketball.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I always thought look waltons thing was taken from some grateful dead cover art or something.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Luke* Dammit. And anyway, they are pretty gay. But who goes to a tatoo parlor and asks for "your finest Fred Flintstone basketball tatoo."

Not cool.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I wonder if when Greg Ostertag dunks on you he looks at you and yells, "Yabba-Dabba-Do, bitch!!"

Blogger KNEE JERK NBA said...
Buck Nasty's right. It's an homage to the Grateful Dead AND the three Walton Boys. Laaaaaame.

Blogger tc said...
I think Luke's tat is alright. It's original and piques your interest. Certainly though this Ostertag tat is consistent with everything we have ever learned about Ostertag. Really.....did he win a bet over who could get the stupidest tattoo ever? What was the other guy's?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Jazz fan here to say thanks, just thanks. Thanks for dredging up that memory. And to think we signed the guy not once, but TWICE. I'm 12 months pregnant, and my vertical puts his to shame. Bah.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I think either Vlade Divac or his wife has a Flintstones tattoo ... I remember a local LA news station doing a story on it during his first year or two in the league.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
It was the man who brought you the "Vanilla Godzilla."

Sun Devil