Here's some more method acting by Larry Bird. And I can only assume his "method" is to pretend to be working on a particularly difficult Sudoku puzzle after suffering a deadly head wound. While covered in biting fire ants. Way to make Billy Crystal look like a master thespian, Larry. I wonder if this experience gave Billy the inspiration to write My Giant...


In this Nestle Crunch commercial, the frustration Bird feels at being distracted by the candy-bar-munching janitor is almost palpable. Or something. Bird's exaggerated reaction reminds me of how the late Johnny Carson once said that Chevy Chase "couldn't ad-lib a fart after a baked bean dinner."

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Doesn't the league usually fine players and coaches when they criticize the refs? LeBron made an ass out of himself. His explanation of his 'crab walk' could fill a book. LeBron said straight up that it was a bad call and went on a silly little rant. Where is his damn fine??? I think "King Crab" or "King Crab Legs" should be LeBron's new nickname.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I wonder if bird always shot a ball after saying something, all through his life, and always wearing his celtics uniform.

Blogger Slopster said...
The fact that I'm the third commenter is a crime. This is the straight up best basketball blog on the internet. It's insanely funny, and updated daily! The player watches and Worst of the Night and both Comic and Basketball genius. I hereby declare my presence commenting on this site until it goes down. Basketbawful, in the name of God, Love and all that is Holy... Never stop basketbawful.com.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Is that Cabbage I smell, Georghe?

Ya, chicks dig it.

Blogger Dan B. said...
"I wonder if bird always shot a ball after saying something, all through his life, and always wearing his celtics uniform."

Anybody else see the potential for a great Saturday Night Live skit based on this concept?

Not that it could ever be funnier than the real commercials, but still.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Walker had a sleepy look on his face. Really? At 5:39 AM!?!?!?
Who the hell is not sleepy at that time?
I mean, besides cops who earn their keep by pulling people over.
--Wade Word