wii_strap1
wii_strap2
wii_strap3
wii_strap4
wii_strap5
wii_strap51
wii_strap6


Chapter 4
Shattered


Almost everyone is doing a little nod, like they’ve all been there.

“The Wii controllers shatter the best...Cheaper plastic,” says a burly guy with a sleeveless T and a bandana sitting next to Tooth. His name is now Bandana.

“I tried to keep it together,” I say. “I really did. My whole purpose was to just enjoy myself, to not care…and I couldn’t do it.”

Tooth opens his arms. “And thus you are here.”

I shrug and shake my head. “Not because of that,” I say.

“So…making children assault each other on a basketball court and throwing video game controllers is just the beginning,” Tooth says.

“I told you it was a long story,” I say.

Tooth adjusts in his chair for a longer haul.

“Ok,” he says. “Continue.”

************

Links: Travelling: Intro / Book Jacket
Chapter 1: Cribbagegate
Chapter 2: Two e-mails
Chapter 3: Pattern
Chapter 4: Shattered, Chapter 5: Hilarious Pee
Chapter 6: Suicide
Chapter 7/8: Coaching High school, Shark attacks and appetizers

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:
Blogger Evil Ted said...
Short one, I know. Let it percolate. You will be rewarded.

ET

Anonymous Anonymous said...
unacceptable ET, this is really way too short. We're the same crowd that got served 'living large' last time around. We're used to longer reads than this :(

Blogger Evil Ted said...
You are heretofore to be referenced as Anonymous Malcontent Number 2 (ANM2). Like with ANM1, after you have read Chapter 50, 46 days from now, I will be expecting an apology and words of great praise from you as well at ted.evil@gmail.

This is a work of fiction. Some chapters are shorter, others are longer. Your future appreciation will be that much more sweet in the face of your current impatience and petulance.

ET

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Plus it's the weekend, where this site normally is about as active as Bargnani on the glass. So this is a bonus, basically.
Thanks for doing this by the way, Evil Ted.

Blogger Andrei said...
You're such a tease ET. Did "Doug" break the tv with the wii controller? I must know!

Anonymous kazam92 said...
I've never played a Phoenix Wright game, but that was pretty damn funny.

Anonymous nico said...
A short but really funny piece. Enjoying it

Blogger Evil Ted said...
Andrei - The "Doug acts immaturely with kids and breaks TV" scene was funnier in the imagination than the over the top description. I leave that "off camera," so to speak, to let the audience imagine.

Suffice it to say, there was a shattered TV in Doug's alley a few months ago.

Prepare for lines between reality and fantasy to blur. In the coming week, separate worlds will realign, interact, and start sparring with each other.

ET

Blogger AnacondaHL said...
Ahaha, excellent add with the Phoenix Wright.

Anonymous AK Dave said...
Evil Ted: have you already written all of this and you're just releasing it piece by piece, or are you writing and posting each chapter as you go along?

Blogger Evil Ted said...
AK Dave - It is written. I am the only person on Earth who has seen it in total.

If I can weather a few chapter-length complaints for the next few chapters, things will start to fall into place this coming week.

Fortunately, I'm used to hearing complaints about length. Ba dum bum.